Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Week 41 & 42


Week 41

I have not written for a while, and it’s been pretty busy. Flying is going really good. We started our Air Drop portion of training and I like it a lot. It is pretty much just flying a low level, except you do it in formation with another plane. You also do a simulated drop where both planes climb 500’ and slow down to 150 knots at the same time. Once we drop our "cargo" we do the escape where we descend back down and accelerate to clear the area. This past week I flew every day and sometimes twice a day which brought me to now where I have my last checkride in pilot training on Monday. I am so excited to be almost finally finished. It is such a good feeling knowing I am so close. I just hope I don’t screw it up. Friday night we had our drop night. They hold it at the Officer's Club and our theme was the Price is Right. We all wore big yellow name tags and it was way crowded. They call you up one at a time in front of a big screen where they flash a slide of you and some info about you. Then we played a plinko game that was rigged for the chip to fall where your going to go. It was pretty cool and even cooler when I got my plane. My future lies in the KC-10 to Travis which was our number one choice. We are very excited to go to California and start the rest of our lives. It worked out pretty good and almost everyone got a plane that was in their top 5 choices. There were a few disappointed people, but I guess that is inevitable.

1 comment:

Breanne said...

I want to play PLINKO!!! No fair!! Congrats on the Cali assignment. That is awesome. I am excited to see you guys in a few weeks for Lindsays wedding. C-ya soon :)